As you will study in a higher education institution abroad you will have to prove sufficient proficiency in the language of instruction of your host institution. To get accepted you must be able to follow the courses and do well-written presentations and draft papers in a foreign language. In general, the languages of instructions of our partners are English, Spanish, German and Italian. Most of the German, Spanish and Italian speaking institutions accept a statement from your home institution attesting a sufficient level of your skills in one of those languages. But English is the language of instruction of most of our partners. Many of the European partner institutions accept the result of the TOEFL ITP that you can take at ESCI. But the overseas partners require an official TOEFL or IELTS score to show sufficient skills in listening, reading, speaking and writing. You are strongly advised to refer to the related partner websites to find out more about it.
Languages are an integral part of the ESCI curriculum. As you will go abroad for a study period in one of our higher education partner institutions and do different vocational internships, it is important that you be suitably prepared.
The Languages Department at ESCI offers language courses, such as English, German and Spanish which are taught by a team of enthusiastic native speakers throughout the autumn and spring semester of each academic year.
The weekly classes in small groups will give you the opportunity to practice at least two foreign languages in order to provide you with cultural awareness and develop the language used in the area of study which is International Business. In addition to subject-specific lessons you will have language practice in the 4 skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. During the lessons you are expected to participate, to prepare oral and written presentations on different subjects and complete regular weekly assignments. Attendance is compulsory. The assessment details can be found in the course outlines.
ESCI also offers TOEFL ITP preparation for students in the 3rd year. Results may be accepted for application to different partner institutions. Please refer to the relevant websites of our academic partners.
Moreover there are many other learning tools that you can use to improve your skills like videos, DVDs, audio CDs or books. You can borrow some very interesting and useful material from the Language Department and learn at your own rate in a flexible way.
If you want to meet our teachers for advice, guidance or specific queries as to particular material please do not hesitate to contact the Language Department at ESCI.
The Learning Agreement is a document which records your course choice. It contains information about your study plan and the ECTS credits that will be awarded for each of the chosen modules. Discuss the choice with the Director of Studies. He will give you advice which courses fit the best in your program. Fill in your Learning Agreement by listing them and indicate the appropriate number of ECTS credits. Then hand it over to the Director of the International Relations who will sign the document too. In order to receive a Transcript of Records from the host institution and to get full recognition for the program you must provide a correctly filled in and signed document. Your IRO will send the document for approval to the host institution. To be valid it has to be there before your semester starts. The Learning Agreement is a confirmation of your course choices but doesn’t guarantee that you will follow all your chosen courses. Should you need to make changes to your original contract (because of a timetable clash/ the module is has been cancelled, etc.) you have to fill in the form ‘Learning Agreement – Modification’ at the beginning of the semester. This document has also to be signed by all relevant authorities to be valid.
Number of Credits to Obtain
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) enables students to transfer credits from one European institution to another.
As you will be enrolled in a partner institution as exchange or study abroad student you will gain credits. It is important that you register for the correct number of credits while you are abroad. The normal workload for a student at in a higher education institution in Europe is 60 ECTS per academic year or 30 ECTS per semester. For the right number of credits in overseas university please contact your International Relations Office.
Before your departure you will complete a Learning Agreement. This document confirming the modules you are required to follow mentions also the number of credits. If you fail you have to re sit the exam in order to gain the missed credit points. Bear in mind that credits are awarded only if the course has been completed and the exams validated.
Recognition of the Results
The study abroad period is an integral part of the ESCI curriculum. The credits you obtain in the higher education partner institution abroad for all work successfully undertaken during your study period are fully recognized and integrated in your ESCI transcript of records. Please bear in mind that you have to obtain an official proof from your host institution that you attended the lectures and have been awarded the corresponding credits. Most partner institutions send your academic transcript directly to ESCI and not to your home address. Once the document received you will be informed and can collect the original copy at the IRO.
The Different Study Programs
There are important differences between the study abroad programs ESCI offer.
You have to look at each option carefully.
Please refer to the list of ESCI partner institutions.
– Erasmus program: The Erasmus program is an EU program which offers university-level-students the opportunity to study at a higher education partner institution across Europe. You don’t pay tuition or other fees and may obtain financial support (Erasmus grant) for your study period. A signed inter-institutional agreement states the number of students who can study as exchange students at the partner institution. If there are more applicants than places available for the institution, students are selected by ESCI according to academic results.
– Exchange program: The exchange program enables you as a non-degree seeking student to study at an overseas institution without paying tuition or other fees. Only a certain number of places are available for ESCI students. It means that you may not be able to go to your first choice of university abroad. If there are more applicants than places for the institution, students are selected by ESCI according to academic results.
– Study abroad period: The Study Abroad program offers you as a non-degree seeking student the opportunity to study at an overseas institution where there is no exchange agreement. You will have to pay tuition or fees for the courses you attend.
ESCI also offers attractive opportunities for double degree studies abroad providing its participants with both the ESCI degree and a foreign Master’s level degree in the field of Management.
– Prerequisites : ESCI students enrolled at Master’s level can apply for a specific program abroad in order to obtain a Master’s degree in some of our European and overseas partner institutions offering this option. In general the students go abroad during the second year of their Masters studies i.e. in their 5th year of studies at ESCI. The language of instruction depends on the partner institution. For information concerning the partner institutions and course offer please refer to the list of ESCI partners.
– Length of Studies: If you go abroad for the double degree course you have to study between one and three semesters in order to obtain a Master’s level diploma from the host institution. Participating students are expected to follow all required modules.
– Tuition and/ or other fees: Please note that students taking part in a double degree program have to pay tuition and/or fees at the partner university. For questions regarding the amount for the program you are interested in please contact your International Relations Office at ESCI.
– Selection: Please bear in mind that these double degrees are the results of academic cooperation between home and host institution. You have to be selected and nominated by ESCI to participate in this program. You have to be highly motivated and prove outstanding academic results in order to apply for the course. ESCI will ask you to meet the Director of Studies and the staff of the International Relations to discuss your academic and professional project. Once your project approved you must submit a written statement of purpose, a résumé and your transcripts for internal application. The International Relations Office will inform you as soon as possible if you have passed the initial screening. Please note that due to the limited places available on the program only a reduced number of students will be selected.
– Application: You have to apply through the International Relations Office at ESCI and forward all supporting documents as soon as possible. Bear in mind that you must meet all entry requirements of your host institution. ESCI internal selection doesn’t guarantee that your application will be accepted by the host institution. The partner institution makes the final decision.
In order to obtain a double diploma the student has to fulfill all academic requirements of the host institution, ie to participate in modules and sit and pass the exams. They may also be required to do oral presentations and write papers. Credits will be awarded for achievement and a Transcript of Records issued at the end of the program.
LES DOUBLES-DIPLOMES DE L’ESCI
Les étudiants inscrits en formation initiale peuvent, sous réserve d’acceptation de leur dossier, suivre le second semestre de la troisième année dans une Université partenaire et le valider par un diplôme de cette université.
– Hochschule Fulda
Master of Arts in International Management
– Université du Québec en Outaouais
Master « International Project Management » (DESS de Gestion de Projet)
– Universidad de Alicante
Maestria en Comercio Internacional
– Canisius College, Buffalo
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Accrédité AACSB
> Royaume Uni
– Sheffield Hallam University
Master of Science in International Business and Management
Employers in France will appreciate your degree issued by a French graduate business school. But if you want to work in other countries or continents you also want to be sure that your degree will be fully recognized by the relevant authorities. As the Diploma Supplement promotes transparency in higher education and informs about qualifications, you may use the document as supporting documentation for employment or further education.
ESCI students graduating from 2013 onwards receive their Diploma Supplement at the same time as they get their Degree Certificate. The document is issued in French and provided free of charge.
The Diploma Supplement is produced by ESCI in a standard format which is shared across the EU. It follows the model developed by the European Commission and contains 8 sections.
1. Information Identifying the Holder of the Qualification
2. Information Identifying the Qualification
3. Information on the Level of the Qualification
4. Information on the Contents and Results Gained
5. Information on the Function of the Qualification
6. Additional Information
7. Certification of the Supplement
8. Information of the National Higher Education System
The regulation requires that the Diploma Supplement should accompany your degree certificate. As this is currently not feasible the document will be issued within 2 months after your graduation and sent to your home address (as recorded on the student records system).
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that your full name, date of birth and permanent home address are recorded correctly.
Salon Que faire après un bac+2/3
Nous sommes présents au salon « Que faire après un bac […]
Salon des Études en France – Casablanca
Vous rêver de poursuivre vos études en France ? Venez […]
SALON EDUNIVERSAL DES MASTERS, MASTÈRES ET MBA
Vous souhaitez intégrer l’une des meilleures formations ? Venez découvrir […]